- exhibits and events
- Urban Threads Salon 1791
- Iya Alaro
- Up South
- We the People | Disrupting Silence
- The Journey
- Sheep & Wool Festival
- Fabric of Emancipation-Rokeby Museum
- The Global Black Experience in Harlem and Abroad
- The Continuum of Threads June 2017
- Chief Nike: An Odyssey Through the Years
- The Rhythmic Art of Thread-NYC Parks
- The Fabric of Emancipation
- Stitching on Governors Island
- Lesley Ware – Sew Fab
- contact us
Harlem Needle Arts’ (HNA) journey of preserving histories, teaching textile art, and providing economic development for working artists, keeps us on the path of expanding our institution as we curate experiences through the traditional and contemporary lens of fiber, textile, design and needle arts in the Africa Diaspora.
We hope we can count on you to help us reach our end of year goal of $20,000 as we approach GIVING TUESDAY on November 29.
Over the past year HNA reached monumental heights as an organization:
- With the generous support of ChaShaMa, HNA opened a storefront space in East Harlem which serves as a gallery and creative space hosting the Language of Needle Arts featuring textile art representing artists from New York, Haiti, Kenya, and Nigeria. The space provides on-going commerce for the work of over 10 artists, educators, designers and authors.
- Our commissioned work The Legacy Quilt made its debut, at Harlem’s Africa Center, as part of African/American Making the Nation’s Table curated by the Museum of Food and Drink
- HNA launched our first Creatives-in-Residence program with fiber artists Alex Reynoso and Sahara Briscoe.
- Curated our third public art installation Iya Alaro by Oluwaseyi Awoyomi at Col. Charles Young Triangle Park.
- Hosted the Business of Textile Art Conference virtual conference providing artists with a business tool kit to grow their art.
- Speakers’ series #MantraMondays.
Along with the above highlights, your donation will enable HNA to launch new initiatives which include the Teen Textile Lab, Maker Wednesday, Business of Textile Art-Cohorts, the Harlem Textile Crawl and increase staff capacity.
Please help us reach our year end goal. Your donation will have a profound impact on the lives of those we serve in the Harlem community and beyond.
Thank you in advance for your support to Harlem Needle Arts. I look forward to sharing our journey with you in 2023.