- exhibits and events
- We the People | Disrupting Silence
- The Journey
- Sheep & Wool Festival
- Fabric of Emancipation-Rokeby Museum
- The Global Black Experience in Harlem and Abroad
- The Continuum of Threads June 2017
- Chief Nike: An Odyssey Through the Years
- The Rhythmic Art of Thread-NYC Parks
- The Fabric of Emancipation
- Stitching on Governors Island
- Lesley Ware – Sew Fab
- contact us
May 5, 2020
I trust that you and your family are well.
As we launch into the new normal, Harlem Needle Arts is asking the tough questions as we develop and reflect on our vision moving forward. What does the vision look like during and post Covid-19? I further wondered about reaching those who are not connected to the www.
I’m not one to be defeated, so I put my hard hat on, started planning and connecting with the expansive community of educators, artists, and craftsman in my network. I embraced the world of Zoom, Vimeo and SoundCloud. I dug deep to build a foundation for how our public installations will allow us to share spaces of visually healing content while creating socially distance spaces along with stimulating virtual workshops featuring traditional and contemporary fiber, textile and needle arts.
As I continue to embark on new creative channels, I need you to be Harlem Needle Arts’ partner and lend your support so that we can continue to produce impactful content for all levels of engagement.
As our partner your financial support will allow us to:
- Provide FREE to low cost arts engagement through workshops, exhibitions and lectures.
- Maintain our platforms of remote creative learning.
- Develop and distribute creative tools kits to provide much needed art instruction in Harlem.
- Continue to create economic opportunities for working artists in the field of textile and fiber art.
- Produce sixteen public art installations over the next two years.
- Build an infrastructure for film and documenting of our archival and future content.
- Contribute content through our Vimeo, SoundCloud and Zoom channels.
- License online workshops from artists working in the field.
- Maintain and continue to build the HNA team of videographers/editors and administrative staff.
Today HNA launches our twenty-one day fundraising campaign #GivingHNA2020. As we continue to evolve our mission, we need your support to help us reach our goal $10,000 to enable HNA to continue to provide art, heritage and resources to the Harlem community and beyond.
Lend your support today and let’s be partners in art. Thank you in advance.
Matching gifts encouraged